By clicking Allow Cookies you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage and assist in our marketing efforts. Learn more
- Is Sambazon Organic and Non-GMO?
Yes, Sambazon products are ACO and USDA certified organic and Non GMO.
- What is Fair Trade?
Our EcoCert Fair Trade certification guarantees that the farmers and producers we work with are getting our full support, and that’s so much more than just fair wages. If you’d like to know more, please visit Sambazon.com/fair-trade
- What are the environmental impact/sustainability initiatives?
Sambazon is committed to:
- Preventing Deforestation. We’ve helped preserve over 2,000,000 acres (and counting!) of Amazon rainforest.
- Closing the Loop. Our factories use our biggest waste bi-product, Acai Seeds, as fuel. The rest gets donated to the local women’s co-op who turn them into beautiful jewelry. We then buy back this jewelry and use it to bring you all purple smiles out in the field!
- Pioneering Progress. Sambazon was the 1st certified organic and fair-trade Acai company. It’s been about the people, planet and progress from day 1.
- Hand Harvesting. Picking by hand is best! It minimally impacts the environment, protects the palms and ensures the use of only regenerative organic practices
- Why do you use plastic packaging for your smoothie packs? Are you looking into sustainable packaging alternatives?
Interestingly plastic is a better choice for us than glass for the following reasons:
- Plastic uses considerably less energy than glass to be recycled.
- It is dramatically lighter than other bottle options, which means less fuel is used to create and deliver each bottle.
- All Sambazon Juice bottles are 100% BPA free.
- What is Flash Pasteurization?
All Sambazon Açaí is flash-pasteurized. Flash- pasteurization ensures that our acai is safe by using minimal heat for a very short duration. We follow the processing standards of the FDA and Brazilian Ministry of Health. Our processing techniques achieve negligible nutrient and taste losses in the process of guaranteeing full food safety.
- Can I thaw Sambazon Superfruit packs?
If needed, we recommend gently thawing our Superfruit packs. In general, we do not recommend microwaving our products to thaw them. Please bring the smoothie packs out of the freezer and place on the counter top to thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before placing them in the blender. The smoothie pack packaging is not meant to hold completely thawed product, please remember to consume them soon after gently thawing.
- I want your products carried at my local store. How do I suggest to them that they carry it?
Visit the customer service desk at your local store and request to speak to the person in charge. You can suggest they reach out to our sales team who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- I cannot find a Sambazon product I once loved. What can I do?
We continuously update our website by adding our newest products and removing discontinued products as well. If the product appears available on our website, it means we still produce it. Your grocery store may have stopped buying the product, in which case we recommend speaking to the store manager to ask about bringing the product back to the shelves.
- How do I receive coupons?
Please follow us on social media, subscribe to our email list and check our website for promotions!
- Do you offer any sponsorships?
At this time, we do not have a sponsorship program.
- Can I consume Sambazon after it passes the expiration date?
No, we do not recommend consuming any Sambazon product after it has expired.
- Can you ship a case of product to my home?
Since our other products must remain refrigerated/frozen, we do not offer online orders and shipping on them at this time.
- Tell me a little bit about the healthy Omega’s found in Açaí?
Açaí naturally contains more healthy Omega 3,6, and 9’s. The overall fatty acid profile of Açaí is very similar to that of olive oil and is great for heart health, brain function, skin and hair.
- What is the greenish tinge sometimes found in the Superfruit packs and juices?
Our products may contain a greenish tinge, film, or even clumps. This is normal and naturally occurring. It occurs when the omega fats do not stay evenly dispersed within our products.
Company Info Questions
- Are you a publicly traded company?
Sambazon is a privately owned company and we are not looking for investors at this time.
- Does Sambazon have any franchise oppoutunities at this time?
Sambazon does not have any franchising opportunities at the moment. We will update our website if this changes.
Dietary Concerns Questions
- Servere allergies to nuts/fish/dairy/gluten/soy?
If your allergies pose a high risk, please get approval from your medical professional to ensure the product is safe for you to consume. Our products are produced in a facility that may manufacture products that contain allergens. We take every precaution to eliminate allergens at our production facilities. Please read the ingredient declaration and ask your medical professional for further advice if unsure.
- Is Sambazon kosher?
All of our products are Orthodox Union certified Kosher.